Important Messages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Practice, Practice, Practice!

Think about this question: What is one thing you will never be able to do in heaven? Answer: Share your faith with a lost person. Why? Because everyone in heaven is a believer. Since that is true, shouldn't it be a priority for us to reach out to as many lost people as we can while we have time.

If you do something enough, you are going to get pretty good at it. I grew up playing ice hockey and golf. I practiced multiple times a week in preparation for tournaments and games on the weekends. Through dedication and commitment to improving my skills, I was able to compete on teams that won state championships and traveled throughout Canada looking for better competition. I even spent 3 weeks during summer at an ice hockey camp in Minnesota to improve my skills. It was not only a time investment, but financial as well. Many of you are probably familiar with the idea of spending time and money in order to improve your skills at some sport, hobby, or personal talent.

The same is true for sharing our faith. So if we can't witness in heaven and can only witness here on earth, what is the only way we will ever get good at it? Practice, practice, practice! I believe that witnessing is a learned talent. God burdens our hearts for the lost, but we must get out there and start practicing those conversations. The funny thing I've discovered recently is that the more you practice, the easier it becomes!

Can you think of someone you need to practice with today? I'm not talking about role playing, but an actual conversation with a friend, co-worker, or neighbor? Go for it! You will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment